Friday, April 15, 2011

A practice report of sorts, traveling Ashtangi alert

I woke up this morning at my usual time (4:30 a.m. CDT). Immediately after I woke up, I realized, "Hey! Isn't this Sharath's last day in NYC? Since it is 5:30 a.m. in NYC, I have a full hour before led primary with him starts... Maybe I can try doing that cyber-practice thing, and do led primary with him and all my cyber-shala mates? That would be really cool, wouldn't it?"

I turned on my computer, and that was when reality set in. I had a slow internet connection at home this morning; my wireless device couldn't get a 3G signal... Yes, yes, I know many of you guys probably already have 4G or maybe even 5G, and I'm still stuck in the dark ages of 3G-dom... So, to cut a long story short, I had to give up the idea and simply do my usual practice, which is pretty kick-ass, by the way (primary and second up to pincha mayurasana). Soon after I started practicing, it started snowing outside. It's still snowing now, by the way... See, my practice is so powerful, it can even move the heavens...

Oh well, I guess the only time I'll get to practice with Sharath will be when I finally make it to Mysore, whenever that might be.

In other news: I thought I'll take this opportunity to issue a traveling Ashtangi alert as well. I'm making a weekend trip down to Minneapolis this weekend. I intend to go to led primary at the Yoga House in Minneapolis tomorrow morning at 7:30 a.m. I don't know if anybody who reads this blog lives in Minneapolis and/or goes to the Yoga House. If you do go to led primary there tomorrow morning, please come up to me and say hi. I like meeting cyber-shalamates in real life. If you don't know how I look like, see my recent interview with Kino (I'm that Asian guy with glasses who wouldn't stop talking).

Just thought I'll throw this out there.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nobel... don't you practice just primary on Fridays?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were there in spirit anyway! it is horrible when the connections go bad, I feel for you!!! but like SerenFlavor said, you were there... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, Susan, I do not follow the primary only on Friday rule. My rest day is Sunday, so I practice just primary on Saturdays. I'm not a 100 percent rule-following Ashtangi :-) (or should I be frowning?)

    Thanks for the kind words, Claudia :-)

    ReplyDelete